The 10-Miler is limited to 25-Male and 25-Female swimmers. Admission is by application only.
This does NOT mean you have to be fast in order to swim the event. Are you overcoming a life obstacle, swimming to raise awareness, moving up in distance, or maybe swimming in honor of someone else? Please fill out a race application and tell us your story.
10-Miler Race Application
EACH SWIMMER MUST SUBMIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO QUALIFY FOR ENTRY INTO EITHER EVENT:
1. Swim results with event date and location for completion of a 1500m swim or longer in open water at a pace of 40 minutes per mile or faster within the past two years
-- OR --
2. A letter of verification of the following, submitted on the Pool Management stationery which includes the telephone number, date of the swim and the witnessing lifeguard's signature attesting to the time it took to complete the swim
- Completion of a continuous 4800m (5200 yds) pool swim in two hours or better.
-- OR --
3. Documentation verifying the completion of a 1500m swim or longer in an open water triathlon in the past two years. Be sure to include the event’s Title, Date, and Location. Please do not send an email with the web address of another event as your qualification documentation. Send your results page only, preferably scanned, and emailed as an attachment.
- REGISTRANTS HAVE FIVE DAYS FROM THEIR FORMAL ENTRY AND PAYMENT TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.
- FAILURE TO SUBMIT QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTAION WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT AND FORFEITURE OF ENTRY FEE.
- DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTATION UNTIL YOU HAVE PAID YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
SUBMISSION OF MATERIALS:
1. Submit as an email attachment to: PelusoOpenWater@gmail.com
-- OR --
2. Mail to:
To the Bridge & Back
c/o Peluso Open Water
4161 Traylor Drive
Richmond, VA 23235
You will receive a return email acknowledging successful receipt of your qualification documentation.